Toshiba Satellite U840W Ultrabook computer – it’s panoramic
Toshiba today announced the Satellite U840W Ultrabook computer, its main feature being a 14.4 inch screen in 21:9 aspect ratio. Which is a apparently a world-first, just in case you were keeping score on these things.
The other party trick the U840W has it 3 USB 3.0 ports, that have a Sleep & Charge capability. Even if the computer is in sleep mode, it will still via the USB ports charge devices, or transfer data.
Inside the two-tone aluminium case is Intel’s Cor i5-3317U (Dual Core 1.7 GHz – 2.6 GHz, 1600MHz FSB, 3MB L3 Cache)CPU, Harman Kardon speakers, 500GB hard drive, and 6GB of memory. The operating system of choice, is Windows 7 64bit Home Premium SP1.
“Taking full advantage of the 14.4” widescreen, you can view multiple windows side by side such as social networking while watching a movie or checking emails at the same time as working on a presentation. This makes the Toshiba U840W Ultrabook™ an incredible productivity tool as well as the ultimate entertainment notebook,” says Justin White, Product Marketing Manager, Toshiba (Australia) Pty Ltd.
Toshiba Satellite U840W Ultrabook price and availability
The Satellite U840W Ultrabook will be available in mid-June, and will sell for an RRP of $1,499.
Toshiba Satellite U840W Ultrabook specifications & main features
- Metallic silver with two-tone/two-texture aluminium finish
- Weight 1.7kg
- Intel® HD Graphics 4000
- Cinematic display screen 21:9 (1792 x 768 resolution) allows for breathtaking wide-screen viewing
- 14.4″ Widescreen HD, LED Backlit Cinema Display with Split Screen technology allows you to work in multiple windows for greater efficiency
- Intel® Core™ i5-3317U processor
- Genuine Windows 7 64bit Home Premium SP1
- 6GB Memory
- 500GB Hybrid hard disk drive
- Harman Kardon speakers enrich the senses as you watch your movies, listen to your music and enjoy your gaming
- 3 x USB 3.0 + Sleep & Charge enable multiple multimedia fast data transfer
- A Sleep & Charge port will charge your camera and phone while your Ultrabook is sleeping
- Toshiba’s Hi-Speed Start makes for a quick and snappy start up and performance
- Toshiba’s Peak Shift function lets you save dollars and energy by programing your notebook to switch from battery to mains power during peak times