That old stager, ER, was made for 15 seasons. It held Australia’s prime time attention for many of those years, pulling big audience numbers, but in the last few series channel 9 pulled its usual trick of switcharoo, changing the air time, in the end putting it on very late at night.
I don’t think the show ever jumped the shark, though it could perhaps be said that it ended up being a little less fresh than it was in its heyday. That, and perhaps the constant loss of favourite characters, made viewers fall away.
You might be interested to know that more than a few of the old characters re-appeared in season 15:
- Anthony Edwards as Dr. Mark Greene
- George Clooney as Dr. Doug Ross
- Julianna Margulies as Nurse Carol Hathaway
- Laura Innes as Dr. Kerry Weaver
- Alex Kingston as Dr. Elizabeth Corday
- Eriq La Salle as Dr. Peter Benton
- Paul McCrane as Dr. Robert Romano
- Sherry Stringfield as Dr. Susan Lewis
- Maura Tierney as Dr. Abby Lockhart
- Shane West as Dr. Ray Barnett
- Noah Wyle as Dr. John Carter
- William H. Macy as Dr. David Morgenstern
ER: season 15 – price and availability
If you missed the last season of ER, then on 13 October, 2010, you can buy it on DVD. The cost will be $59.95 RRP. There’s 26 episodes, with a bumper runtime of 929 minutes.
Speical features include two featurettes, ‘Outpatient Outtakes’, showing unaired scenes, and ‘Previously on ER’, a retrospective.
Subscribe to TechStyle’s RSS by email service
Keep up with TechStyle’s articles, news, reviews and more, by having it delivered direct to your email inbox. It’s quick and easy to subscribe, and you control your subscription.