HTC announced today that it will launch the HTC Desire S at a press event next week, on May 25. Whether Telstra has total exclusivity on the Desire S, or if its to be for an initial period only, will be revealed at the launch.
What is known is that the Desire S is a beast of a phone. Running on Android Gingerbread, it has a big 3.7 inch touchscreen with 480 x 800 resolution, a 5 megapixel camera that shoots both stills and 720p high definition video. It’s DLNA-enbled too, allowing wireless streaming of photos and videos to your TV.
The Desire series has been a strong reputation earner for HTC, and this device looks set to keep that reputation held high.
No pricing details for the HTC Desire S have been released, and the Telstra release date will be announced next Wednesday. At the same event the HTC Wildfire S will be launched.
HTC Desire S specifications
- Operating system: Android 2.3 (Android Gingerbread)
- Network: HSPA/WCDMA: Europe/Asia: 900/2100 MHz; Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3.7-inch touchscreen with 480 x 800 resolution
- CPU: 1 GHz
- Internet access: 3G: Up to 14.4 Mbps download speed, up to 5.76 Mbps upload speed. GPRS: Up to 114 kbps downloading. EDGE: Up to 560 kbps downloading
- Wi-Fi: IEEE 802.11b/g/n
- Bluetooth 2.1 with FTP/OPP for file transfer
- A2DP for wireless stereo headsets
- Memory: ROM: 1.1GB; RAM: 768 MB. microSD memory card expansion slot (SD 2.0 compatible)
- Main camera: 5 megapixel colour camera with auto focus and power LED flash. VGA color fixed
- Front camera: VGA color fixed focus
- 720p HD video recording
- 3.5 mm stereo audio jack, standard micro-USB (5-pin micro-USB 2.0)
- Battery: 1450 mAh rechargeable Lithium-ion
- Talk time: WCDMA: up to 435 minutes; GSM: up to 590 minutes
- Standby time: WCDMA: up to 455 hours; GSM: up to 430 hours
- Sensors: G-Sensor, digital compass, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor
- Internal GPS antenna
- Dimensions: 59.8 x 11.63 x 115 mm (W x D x H)
- Weight: 130 grams (4.59 ounces) with batttery
| HTC Australia |