The JBL SB 300 soundbar sees the company entering this growing section of home theatre audio, with this two-part system, consisting of the soundbar and a freestanding subwoofer, with the goal of improving the audio from your HD TV and DVD or Blu-ray player.
The sound bar component of the JBL SB 300 is just shy of 1.2 metres long, and contains 2 x 51mm (2 inch) midrange transducers, plus a 25mm (1 inch) dome tweeter for each of the two front channels, powered by 2 x 50 watts of amplification. It connects to the TV by optical digital or stereo analog inputs.
The powered subwoofer connects to the soundbar wirelessly, but needs to be plugged into a powerpoint. Both speaker components are controlled by remote, and you have the choice of listening in stereo, or with 3-D surround processing – producing a ‘virtual’ surround sound.
“The JBL SB 300 will appeal to home theatre enthusiasts who love big movie sound, but don’t have the space – or desire – for a full 5.1 channel system,” said Geoff Matthews, CEO of JBL distributor Convoy International.
JBL SB 300 soundbar specifications
- Max. recommended amplifier power: 50 watts x 2
- Dimensions: 92mm x 1162mm x 76mm (H x W x D)
- Weight: 2.5 kg
- Midrange transducer: Two x 2″ (51mm) cones per channel, video-shielded
- High-frequency transducer: One x 1″ (25mm) dome per channel, video-shielded
- Amplifier power: 100 watts
- Frequency response: 42Hz – 200Hz (–3dB)
- Dimensions (Including feet): 483 x 362 x 362 mm (H x W x D)
- Weight: 11.1 kg
JBL SB 300 price and availability
The JBL SB 300 soundbar is in stores now, for $1,259 RRP.
| JBL |