The Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 is Panasonic’s latest – and lightest – Micro Four Thirds camera.
Micro Four Thirds? It’s the new style of camera that eschews the mirror of the digital SLR (DSLR) camera, while at the same time emulating the interchangeable lenses of the DSLR. It’s a style of camera also known as MILC – Mirrorless Interchangeable Lens Camera. They’re smaller and lighter than DSLRs, and offer both ease-of-use for beginners, and all the manual control and lens options for more advanced photographers.
Back to the Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2.
- 12.1 megapixel Live MOS sensor
- Weight: 265 grams
- Video: Full HD AVCHD recording
- Screen: 3.0-inch Intelligent LCD with a wide viewing angle
- Touch-operated playback
- 8 preset effects — Expressive, Retro, Pure, Elegant, Cinema, Monochrome, Dynamic Art, Silhouette, plus Custom mode, which lets users manually set the colour, brightness, saturation and contrast levels
- Compatible with Panasonic’s new interchangeable 3D lens2, allowing users to shoot their own 3D still images and enjoy watching them on their 3DTV at home
The DMC-GF2 will be available with a choice of three lens kits:
- DMC-GF2 camera with LUMIX G 14mm / F2.5 ASPH (H-H014)
- DMC-GF2 camera with LUMIX G VARIO 14-42mm /F3.5-5.6 ASPH / MEGA O.I.S (H-FS014042E)
- DMC-GF2 camera twin lens kit (both the H-H014 and the H-FS014042E)
Speaking of three, you’ll have a choice of three body colours with the Lumix DMC-GF2 – silver, red and black.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 release date and price
Sadly, there’s not a lot to day on price and availability. The Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 will go on sale in mid-January, with pricing details to be revealed just prior to the release.