Well, the educated guess that the newest version of the iPod Touch, the 4th Generation iPod Touch, would mirror many of the iPhone 4’s features were pretty spot on.
So, features new to the iPod Touch are:
- The latest iOS software – it ships with version iOS 4.1
- Retina display – a very clear screen, 960 x 640-pixel resolution at 326 pixels per inch, so gaming and movie and TV watching just got a lot better
- Game Center – an app to get you into multiplayer games. Invite people you know, or join in and take on the world
- Apple’s A4 chip – powerful and power-efficient
- Front-facing camera, so you can use Face Time, Apple’s video call over WiFi feature
- Built-in three-axis gyroscope, bringing more precision to gaming
- Video recording, HD (720p) up to 30 frames per second with audio; still photos (960 x 720) with back camera
- VGA-quality photos and video up to 30 frames per second with the front camera
It’s a little skinnier than the previous model, at 7.2 mm, and battery life with the new A4 chip could see you listening to 40 hours of music on a full battery charge, or watching 7 hours of video playback.
iPod Touch price and availability
The new 2010 version of the iPod Touch will be in stores next week.
It will be available in three sizes, at the following prices:
Subscribe to TechStyle’s RSS by email service
Keep up with TechStyle’s articles, news, reviews and more, by having it delivered direct to your email inbox. It’s quick and easy to subscribe, and you control your subscription.