Quite a way ahead of the 2012 Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, details of the LG Optimus Vu have been announced. What’s the Optimus Vu? Well, I’m going to warn you, you may begin to read the new term ‘phablet’ being used to describe it, much as has been used with the Samsung Galaxy Note. Phablet – more than a phone, not quite a tablet. Phablet. And I promise to never use the term again.
Back to the LG Optimus Vu. It’s to have a 5.3 inch LCD screen, and run, initially at least, on Android Gingerbread, aka Android 2.3 (aka ancient!), with a dual-core Snapdragon CPU. LG claim that the Android OS will be updated within three months – though these things can drag on in the gap between manufacturer and telco.
More details soon,but for now, here’s the main features:
- 5? IPS LCD display, with 1024 x 768 resolution and 4:3 aspect ratio
- 5 GHz dual-core Snapdragon CPU
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- Stylus-input capable with stylus-friendly applications constructed in
- 8 megapixel rear camera
- 3 megapixel front-facing camera
- 650 nits brightness screen
- 32 GB built-in storage
- 2,080mAh battery
- 8.5 mm thick