The Galaxy S II is in Optus stores now, Samsung’s big new gun in the smartphone war. It’s headed to the Telstra and Vodafone smartphone shelves in July.
Big, bright screen, big battery with reportedly excellent power management, powerful dual-core processor and running on Android Gingerbread – it sounds quite the standard bearer for the Android cause.
Enough talk about sounds, let’s have a good look at the Samsung Galaxy S II. Produced by Samsung, and with a plinky soundtrack, this 12 minute video will run you over the phone’s features, plus give you a look at how fast the phone is.
Samsung Galaxy S II specifications
- GSM 850/900/1800/1900; HSPA+ 21 850/900/1900/2100
- Screen: 4.27-inch Super AMOLED screen
- Processor: Dual-core 1GHz
- Operating system: Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- Battery: 1650mAh
- Back camera: 8 megapixel resolution and LED flash
- Front camera: 2 megapixel
- Codec: MPEG4/ H.264/ H.263/ DivX VC-1; Playback: Full HD (1080p) @30fps
Recording: Full HD (1080p)@30fps
- Storage: 16 GB. Up to an additional 32GB can be added via microSD card.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, light, digital compass, proximity, gyroscope
- Connectivity: Bluetooth technology v 3.0 + HS, USB 2.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 (a/b/g/n), WiFi Direct, NFC connectivity (optional), MHL, DLNA (AllShare)
- Dimensions: 125 x 66 x 8 mm (H x W x D)
- Weight: 116 grams