The Asus Transformer Pad TF300T has only just been released, and hopefully its upgraded sibling, the Asus Transformer Pad Infinity, is soon to follow.
The Transformer Pad Infinity has the same trick of being a tablet computer that, with a keyboard dock added, transforms into a notebook computer. The Infinity has a metal case, and the screen is made of Gorilla Glass 2, at 1920×1200 Full HD resolution. It runs on the made-for-tablet-computers Android Ice Cream Sandwich (aka Android 4.0), with a quad-core processor.
Connect the optional keyboard dock and you increase the battery life from up to 10 hours, to up to 16 hours, plus you gain more USB ports and an SD card reader.
If you must use a tablet computer to take photographs, there’s an 8 megapixel camera at the back, or, for Skyping and teleconferencing and the like, there’s a 2 megapixel camera on the front.
Transformer Pad Infinity price and release date
The Transformer Pad Infinity is apparently set to arrive in Australia in late June / early July. The RRP will be $899, and the configuration will be 64GB, and Wi-Fi-only.
Some Australian online stores are already pricing the device, with a range of $827 to $870, a price that by the look of it includes the keyboard dock (it’s not entirely clear from some listings), but excludes delivery.
Asus Transformer Pad Infinity specifications
- Display: 10.1″ 1920 × 1200 FHD Super IPS+ screen with 178° wide viewing angle and
600 nits out door readable mod, Scratch resistant Corning® Gorilla® Glass 2
- Operating system: Android™ 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- CPU: NVIDIA® Tegra® 3 T33 Quad-core 1.6GHz (WiFi)
- Memory: 1 GB
- Connectivity: 802.11 b/g/n, WI-FI Direct, Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR & Bluetooth: 4.0 LE
- Camera: 2 megapixel (front) /8 megapixel Auto focus (rear) with flash, F2.2 large aperture, backlit CMOS
- Input/Output: PAD: 2-in-1 audio jack (Headphone / Mic-in), 1 × micro HDMI port, 1 × Micro SD card reader, internal microphone & stereo speaker; Mobile Dock: 1 × USB2.0 port ; 1 × SD card reader
- Battery: Pad only – 10 hours; 25Wh Li-polymer Battery; Pad and keyboard dock – 16 hours; 25Wh (pad) + 22Wh (dock) Li-polymer Battery
- Dimensions / weight: 263 × 180.8 × 8.5 mm ; 586 grams (pad only); 263 × 180.8 × 8~10.4 mm ; 537 grams (dock only); 263 × 180.8 × 17.2~19.6 mm ; 1123 grams (pad with dock)