The Avantgarde Trio Classico speakers certainly look the goods, and casting an eye over the specs I’m certain they sound the goods too. Well, the specs and all the awards the speakers have won over the past year or so.
The Trio Classico is a 3-way spherical horn set-up, comprising a 38 inch low–midrange horn, 23 inch midrange horn, and a 7 inch horn.
These three horns, and associated drivers, are placed into a solid cast aluminium base frame. In addition to the three horns in offset positions, the horns can also be arranged in a straight line. The horns are attached to the frame by a circular housing tubes, backed by solid cast aluminium covers.
The horns of the Trio Classico are available in a choice of 11 colours. Strap yourselves in, I’m going to list the colours as given by Avantgarde: Turmaline Vivid Black, Stealth Nocturne Grey, Diamond Crystal Silver, Akoya Pearl White, Light Amber Bronze, Saona Beach Cream, Shiny Citrine Orange, Ruby Brilliant Red, Sapphire Burma Blue, Light Topas Blue and Smaragd Pearl Green.
Avantgarde Trio Classico price
OK, hold your breath. The Avantgarde Trio Classico speakers are priced at US$64,400 per pair – add on another US$6,000 for selecting one of the customised horn colours.
Avantgarde Trio Classico speaker specifications
- Frequency range: Satellite 100 – 20,000 Hz; Subwoofer – 18 – 350 Hz
- Power handling: 150 Watt
- Efficiency (1 Watt/1m): > 109 dB
- Crossover frequencies: 100/600/4,000 Hz
- Nominal impedance: 19 Ohm
- Recommended amplifier power: > 2 Watt
- Recommended room size: > 25 sqm
- Dimensions: 1,300 x 830 x 1,500 mm (W x D x H)
- Weight: 62 kg
- Horn type: Spherical horn
- Horn material: ABS injection moulding
- Horn surface: Polished/Lacquered
- Horn dispersion angle: 180 degrees
- Horn area: Low-Mid Range – 0.709 sqm; Mid Range – 0.255 sqm; High Range: 0.025 sqm
- Horn diameter: Low-Mid Range – 950 mm; Mid Range – 570 mm; High Range – 180 mm
- Horn length: Low-Mid Range – 650 mm; Mid Range – 430 mm; High Range – 85 mm
- Diameter: Low-Mid Range – 200 mm; Mid Range – 50 mm; High Range – 25 mm
- Magnet material: Low-Mid Range – Ferrite; Mid Range – Strontium Ferrite; High Range – Ferrite