Pictures of the Canon G12, Canon’s new premium compact digital camera, were leaked a few weeks ago, but everything is now out in the open, and the G12 will be in stores in a month or so.
It’s a point and shoot, but a seriously specced point and shoot. It’s a 10 megapixel camera, with a high sensitivity CCD image sensor, DiG!C 4 Image Processor, 2.8-inch vari-angle, high-resolution LCD screen, a 28mm wide-angle lens and 5x Optical Zoom. it will also shoot video, in high definition (1280 x 720).
Canon G12 main features
- High definition (1280 x 720) movie recording with stereo sound
- 10.0 megapixels with high sensitivity CCD sensor
- HS System
- Low-Light mode
- Servo AF/AE to continuously focus and adjust the exposure of moving subjects
- 2.8-inch vari-angle Pure Color II LCD
- RAW recording
- 28mm wide-angle lens
- 5x zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer
- Canon TruCapture technology
- Multiple Aspect Ratio
- High Dynamic Range mode
- Electronic Level to help the user to check if the camera is positioned approximately level – sitting horizontally
Canon G12 release date and price
The G12 is another new Canon camera that has a due date given only as October. Sometime. And there is no price details as yet. US pricing has been released, but not the Australian. As something of a guide, in Australia the G12’s predecessor, the G11, has an RRP of $799.
Subscribe to TechStyle’s RSS by email service
Keep up with TechStyle’s articles, news, reviews and more, by having it delivered direct to your email inbox. It’s quick and easy to subscribe, and you control your subscription.