Both versions contain 6 discs, each with all 10 episodes of the Emmy-winning mini-series, along with a wealth of exciting bonus materials for the suggested retail price of $99.95 RRP and $79.95 RRP respectively. See beloe for more information on the bonus content.
‘The Pacific’ was executive Tom Hanks, Steven Spielberg and Gary Goetzman, who have form in the World War 2 drama stakes, having earlier made the 2001 HBO mini-series Band of Brothers.
‘The Pacific’ – release date and price
Both the Blu-ray and DVD versions of ‘The Pacific’ will go on sale November 3, for $99.95 RRP and $79.95 RRP respectively.
Blu-ray bonus content
- Exclusive content includes interviews with historians and veterans, archival footage, maps and more.
- “The Pacific” Enhanced Viewing – the ultimate viewing companion to “The Pacific.” Learn more about the Marines and gain a deeper historical understanding of the battles while watching the miniseries with Enhanced Viewing, a 10-part, 10-hour, picture-in-picture experience.
- “The Pacific” Field Guide – allows viewers to navigate through the major events featured in “The Pacific” in this standalone, interactive Field Guide. Search within four categories to view exclusive content including animated maps, extensive interviews with historians and veterans, historical footage, photographs and more.
- Historical Backgrounds – the five-minute prologues that set the stage for each episode and additional historical footage narrated by Tom Hanks.
- Making “The Pacific” – go behind-the-scenes and take an inside look at the making of this epic, 10-part miniseries.
- Profiles of “The Pacific” – delve into the lives of the real Marines featured in “The Pacific.” Get a personal perspective on their families, their war experience and their lives after the war in these intimate portraits.
- Anatomy of the Pacific War – explore the historical influences and cultural perceptions that led to the merciless brutality in the Pacific theatre of World War II.
DVD bonus content
Subscribe to TechStyle’s RSS by email service
Keep up with TechStyle’s articles, news, reviews and more, by having it delivered direct to your email inbox. It’s quick and easy to subscribe, and you control your subscription.