The HTC One X has been announced at the Mobile World Congress, and it is a beast of a device. It’s another off the very busy production line of Android phones, this model pleasingly running on Android 4.0, better known as Android Cream Sandwich.
But the real grunt in this phone springs from the 1.5 GHz quad core processor. The front glass of the HTC One X is made from Corning’s Gorilla Glass, and it protects a 4.7-inch touchscreen (1280 x 720 resolution).
Also getting a little power with this phone is the camera section. The One has a 8 megapixel camera, with HTC’s new ImageChip, existing only to power the camera’s image processing.
The full spec list is below, but first, how about a short video tour of the HTC One X?
HTC One X specifications
- Operating system: Android Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0)
- Processor: 1.5 GHz, quad core
- Network: HSPA/WCDMA – 850/900/1900//2100 MHz; Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE – 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- Screen: 4.7-inch touchscreen (1280 x 720 resolution)
- Storage: Total storage – 32GB; RAM – 1G
- Main camera: 8 megapixel camera with auto focus, smart LED flash, and BSI sensor (for better low-light captures), F2.0 aperture and 28mm lens
- Front camera: 1.3 megapixel front camera (720p for video chat)
- Video recording: 1080p HD
- Connectors: 3.5 mm stereo audio jack, NFC, micro-USB 2.0 (5-pin) port with mobile high-definition video link (MHL) for USB or HDMI connection (Special cable required for HDMI connection), DLNA for wirelessly streaming media from the phone to a compatible TV or computer
- Wi-Fi: IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
- Sensors: Gyro sensor, G-Sensor, digital compass, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor
- Audio supported formats:: Playback – .aac, .amr, .ogg, .m4a, .mid, .mp3, .wav, .wma (Windows Media Audio 9); Recording – .amr
- Video supported formats: Playback – .3gp, .3g2, .mp4, .wmv (Windows Media Video 9), .avi (MP4 ASP and MP3); Recording: .mp4
- Maps: Internal GPS antenna, With Locations, explore maps with zero wait, zero dead spots, and zero data roaming fees
- Battery: 1800 mAh rechargeable Lithium-ion battery
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth with aptX enabled (Bluetooth 4.0).
- Dimensions: 134.36 x 69.9 x 8.9 mm (H x W x D)
- Weight: 130 grams (with battery)