If there’s a cooler looking coffee machine out there than the Kees Van Der Westen Speedster espresso machine I’d like to see it!
The distinctly automative look of the Kees Van Der Westen Speedster dates back to 2008, a redesign of a machine by the same name from 2001.
Kees Van Der Westen Speedster price and availability
The Kees Van Der Westen Speedster sells for 5,250 Euros. Colour options include stainless body parts in “Mirror 8” high gloss finish, or aluminum panels filled with black powder coating, both for no additional cost. The side panels can be made in any colour you want, for an additional 128 Euros.
There is no international network of distributors, so either you pick one up from the factory in The Netherlands, or you can talk to a few selected coffee makers to investigate a purchase. In Australia it is Toby’s Estate, Morgan’s Coffee, and Oomph Coffee.
Kees Van Der Westen Speedster photo gallery
Click the following thumbnail images below to see the full-size individual images of the Kees Van Der Westen Speedster coffee machine, and then click the back button of your browser to return to this page.
- Construction in stainless steel only, including frame, also the black powder coated parts
- Fully new developed double boiler system in stainless steel
- Completely new designed group in stainless with high neck
- Electronic temperature controllers driving solid state relays on both boilers, PID on coffee boiler, no moving parts
- Steam boiler equipped with a heat-exchanger to pre-heat the water going into the coffee boiler
- Diffuser in POM plastic, doesn`t get dirty as soon, easy to clean and doesn`t affect the water temperature on its last path towards the coffee. Diffuser is easily removable.
- No screw to hold group screen, yet screen and rubber gasket are easily removable through openings in the bottom plate of the group to reach the sides of the rubber gasket ring
- Self-bleeding group
- Group solenoid valve in stainless only
- 0.6mm jet
- Progressive pre infusion cylinder, spring loaded chromed piston shaft actually moves up through body panel during extraction
- External commercial grade rotation pump with motor
- Two different temperatures of hot water available through one switch
- Activation of group by small lever with shift gate: off-infuse-brew
- Strong and long lasting steam power, steam tip with 4 holes
- Filter holders with teflon coating on inside
- Drain tray adjustable in height