The Philips Saeco Xelsis is a high-end coffee machine with a high degree of smarts packed inside and out.
First up is the fingerprint recognition. Up to six different people can enter their coffee profile associated to their fingerprints, and have the machine automatically make up to nine different favourite beverages for each person’s profile.
“Philips Saeco has worked tirelessly to develop coffee machines that meet the needs of Australia’s discerning coffee drinkers. Now, this includes the ability to create a customised, café-quality beverage with ease,” said Malcolm Russell, Product Marketing Manager, Saeco International Group Australia. “Now with the Xelsis Digital ID your favourite coffee is, quite literally, at your fingertips.”
Other smarts? A dial on the front of the machine to adjust the crema of your coffee, and an intelligent milk froth adjustment system, allowing you to dictate the level of milk for your coffee. You can also program the Philips Saeco Xelsisfor your desired brewing temperature, and level of coffee in your cup.
All of this is controlled and displayed on a colour touchscreen, as is the automatic cleaning and de-scaling cycles.
Philips Saeco Xelsis Espresso Machine – availability and price
The Philips Saeco Xelsisis available now, and has an RRP of $3,299.
Philips Saeco Xelsis Espresso Machine – main features
- 350 gram capacity coffee bean hopper
- 14 serving coffee grounds collector
- 1.6L water tank capacity
- Milk carafe capacity: 0.5 litres
- Programmable pre-brewing system
- Pump pressure: 15 bar
- Opti Dose system – adjustable coffee amount per cup
- Height-adjustable coffee brewer so you can use a range of cup sizes
- Automated milk management (one touch)
- Automatic coffee circuit rinsing
- Automatic milk circuit cleaning cycle
- Brita water filter
- Refill system for water tank, without stopping the machine
- Dimensions: 280 x 370 x 420 mm
- Weight: 16.1 kg