The Android operating system has powered mobile phones from a number of brands, and here’s a brand new manufacturer to add to the list – Lumigon.
The company’s first effort is to be the Lumigon T1. It’ll have 3.5 inchcapacitive touchscreen, 5 megapixel camera, and a front camera for video calling. All mostly standard fare for the modern smartphone. But the Lumigon T1 has a few more tricks up its sleeve. In-built is a learning remote control function. Not bad. And it ups the stakes in audio quality, packing in the Bang & Olufsen ICEpower audio technology as used in the ASUS NX90 notebook computer. ICEpower provides high quality audio results for the speaker, receiver and headphones.
What isn’t listed in the specs is the version of Android the Lumigon T1 will run. It will apparently be Froyo, also known as Android 2.2.
Who is Lumigon?
Lumigon’s aim is to:
“Become the premium mobile phone of choice for those who like to be different, by utilizing the Scandinavian heritage and design, coupled with the state-of-the-art technology and the absolutely newest innovative features.”
And will do this by:
- Creating a premium Scandinavian designed mobile phone series
- Using supreme quality materials such as steel, aluminum and glass
- Developing new ingenious features and being the first to introduce them
- Making an ultra fast flexible mobile platform
- Utilizing several mobile operating systems
- Giving consumers a unique user experience
- Keeping on bringing new innovative models continuously to the market
All of which sounds like Lumigon is a company to keep an eye on!
Lumigon T1 release date and price
Lumigon are set to release the T1 in the first quarter of 2011. It will be available in a choice of black or white, with the listed European price, including VAT, of 623.75 Euros.
Lumigon T1 specifications
- Freescale i.MX515 + Qualcomm MDM 6200
- 3.5″, 480×800 capacitive multitouch screen
- Up to 32 Gb memory with MicroSD card slot
- 5 megapixel camera with Autofocus and flash
- Front camera for video call
- WiFi, bluetooth and infrared
- Proximity and ambilight sensor
- FM receiver and transmitter
- Built-in universal remote controller with learning feature
- 3.5 mm audio jack
- ICEpower™ Audio
- Micro HDMI 720P out
- Micro USB
- Size: 117 x 55 x 11.5 mm
- Weight: 128 grams