The Nokia C6 smartphone is due for release in the third quarter of the year, a candy bar mobile phone with a slide-out, full QWERTY keyboard and a 3.2 inch touchscreen.
A real social animal, the Nokia C6 puts social networks directly on the homescreen, so you can view, comment, update status, share pictures… all the things people like to do with Facebook and Twitter.
And lovers of gadgets in colours, the Nokia C6 will be available in black or white.
- Email (SMTP, IMAP4, POP3), MMS, SMS, unified editor
- Viewing of email attachments – .doc, .xls, .ppt, .pdf
- Calendar, Contacts, To-do, Notes, E-mail
- Nokia Messaging
- Social networking (Facebook, Hi5, MySpace)
- Ovi Maps with free lifetime navigation licence
- Ovi Suite, Ovi Store, Ovi Share, Ovi Contacts
- PC Applications: Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express, Lotus Organizer, Lotus Notes
Nokia C6 specifications
It’s a few months out from release, and these are from the European data sheet, but here’s the specs of the Nokia C6 mobile phone:
- Network: WCDMA – maximum speed up to 3.8 Mbps with simultaneous voice & packet data; HSDPA – maximum speed up to 3.6 Mbps with simultaneous voice & packet data
- User interface: Symbian^1 (Symbian OS, S60 5.0)
- Full backlit slide-out keyboard with navigation key
- Sensors: Orientation sensor, proximity sensor, ambient light detector
- Dimensions: 113.4 x 53 x 16.8 mm (L x W x H)
- Volume: 80 cc
- Weight: 150 g (including battery)
- Standby time: 400 hours (GSM), 400 hours (WCDMA)
- Talk time: 420 minutes (GSM), 300 minutes (WCDMA)
- Talk time: Up to 7 hours (GSM), up to 5 hours (3G)
- Display: 3.2” TFT resistive touchscreen, 16:9 widescreen (640×360)
- Camera: 5 megapixel, with autofocus, integrated flash, and secondary camera for video calls
- Media player, music player, FM stereo radio
- Bluetooth 2.0 with enhanced data rates (EDR)
- Memory: Up to 200 MB internal memory, support for up to 16 GB microSD memory card
Subscribe to TechStyle’s RSS by email service
Keep up with TechStyle’s articles, news, reviews and more, by having it delivered direct to your email inbox. It’s quick and easy to subscribe, and you control your subscription.