Olympus Australia today announced the upcoming release of the next flagship of its OM-D micro four-thirds camera range, the Olympus OM-D E-M1.
The main features of the Olympus OM-D E-M1 are:
- 16.3 megapixel LiveMOS sensor (ISO 25,600 max. sensitivity)
- Electronic viewfinder with with 2.36 megapixel resolution
- Enhanced 5-axis image stabiliser for improved stablisation at lower shutter speeds
- TruePic VII advanced image processor
- Built-in WiFi function
- 3-inch tilting TFT-LCD touchscreen with 1,037K pixels
- 10 fps sequential shooting rate
- Shutter speed range 60-1/8000th seconds including bulb
- Splash-, dust- and freeze-proof (to -10°C)
- Direct HDR button
- Bundled with clip-on FL-LM2 weatherproof flash
On top of these features it has the advantage of compact size in comparison to a DSLR camera, as depicted in the following photo:
Price and availability
The Olympus OM-D E-M1 will go on sale in Australia in October, with a body-only RRP of $1,599. You can have it in any colour you want as long as that colour is black.