Panasonic today announced the Lumix GH4 camera, a model that will be the top-of-the-range of Panasonic’s digital single lens mirrorless camera range.
The numbers are impressive, as they should be for what is a camera aimed squarely at the professional photography market:
- Effective pixels: 16 megapixels
- Max. resolution: 4608 x 3456
- Sensor: Four Thirds (17.3 x 13 mm) CMOS
- Screen: 3-inch OLED touchscreen
- Min. shutter speed: 60 seconds
- Max. shutter speed: 1/8000 sec
- Burst mode: High-speed burst shooting at 12 frames per second (AFS) at full resolution
The Panasonic Lumix GH4 measures 133 x 93 x 84 mm, weighs 560 grams (including battery), with the body of the camera made from magensium alloy.
At the time of writing, the Lumix GH4 will accommodate 22 of the Lumix G range of digital interchangeable lenses.
The real kicker of this camera is that it will record 4K video – that’s a resolution of 4096 x 2160, at 24 frames per second.
Panasonic have not yet released details of Australian pricing and availability.
Panasonic Lumix GH4 photo gallery
Click on the thumbnails below to view larger versions of the images.