Time flies indeed! It’s been 25 years since the cinema release of ‘The Goonies‘, and to mark the occasion Warner Home Video is releasing the movie in a collector’s edition, on both Blu-ray and DVD.
Treasure, teens and swashbuckling… this was a very successful film back in 1985. The film was directed by Richard Donner, written by Chris Columbus, and had an executive producer by the name of Steven Spielberg. It stars Sean Astin, Josh Brolin, Jeff Cohen, Corey Feldman, Kerri Green, Martha Plimpton, Jonathan Ke Quan, Anne Ramsey, Robert Davi and Joe Pantoliano.
On the disc, both Blu-ray and DVD format, is the following bonus content. Oddly, advantage has not been taken of all the additional room on the Blu-ray disc, both formats have the same bonus material. I guess the justification here is that there’s only a $5 premium for the high definition Blu-ray format over the standard definition DVD.
- Cast commentary with director Richard Donner and all seven actors
- The Making of The Goonies documentary
- Cyndi Lauper music video “The Goonies ‘R Good Enough”
- Theatrical trailer
- Deleted scenes
In the box, is the following printed material:
- a 1985 souvenir magazine with captivating behind-the-scenes stories about the actual filming in Astoria, Oregon, including the production design that transformed Astoria into the “Goon Docks”
- a reprint of a 2009 article with updates of the entire cast, as well as producer Steven Spielberg and director Richard Donner.
The Goonies 25th Anniversary Collector’s Edition – release date, price
Goonies 25th Anniversary Collector’s Edition has a release date of November 10, 2010. The Goonies (25th Anniversary Edition) [Blu-ray] will have an RRP of $24.95, while the DVD version will be $19.95 RRP.
Subscribe to TechStyle’s RSS by email service
Keep up with TechStyle’s articles, news, reviews and more, by having it delivered direct to your email inbox. It’s quick and easy to subscribe, and you control your subscription.