Bang & Olufsen has taken its high-end, high-art audio approach to the high-sales world of Apple, with its new EarSet 3i earphones.
The EarSet 3i has been designed specifically for iPhone, iPad and iPod owners. Just as those devices are ultra-mobile, the EarSet 3i earphones have also been made with mobility in mind. Some external sound is allowed in, just enough so you’re not completely cocooned from the outside world. A number of earpads are included in the package to ensure a good fit, and the ear hooks have apparently been designed to cope with activities such as running.
The Bang & Olufsen EarSet 3i earphones are made of brushed aluminium, and soft-touch rubber. Built-in is a microphone, and a three-button inline control unit, with up volume, down volume and a control button to play, pause, fast forward, rewind and operate for phone calls. The control button also allows operation of Apple’s Voice Over feature, that announces song titles, artists and playlist names.
Bang & Olufsen EarSet 3i specifications
- Designer: Anders Hermansen
- Materials: Aluminium and soft-touch rubber
- Supported Apple products: iPod shuffle (3rd generation and later), iPod nano (4th generation and later), iPod classic (120GB, 160GB), iPod touch (2nd generation and later), iPhone 3GS,
iPhone 4 and iPad
- Style: In-ear type (intra concha earphone)
- Speaker type: Electro-dynamic speaker
- Microphone: Electrect condenser
- Frequency range: 50-20,000 Hz
- Connector: 3.5 mm mini-jack
- Cord length: 1 metre
- Dimensions: 35 x 59 x 14 mm
- Weight: 23 grams
Bang & Olufsen EarSet 3i price and availability
Bang & Olufsen’s EarSet 3i earphones are available now, and have an RRP of $295, or you can buy the EarSet 3i earphones at Amazon, for US$199.
| Bang & Olufsen |