The Cinemin Slice is an iPad dock, that with the addition of an accessory or two, also turns the iPad into a projector.
In addition to the iPad and iPad 2, the 30-pin Apple connector also enables the Cinemin Slice to work with the iPod, iPod Touch, iPod Nano and iPhone. Add the mini-HDMI and AV port connectivity, and you can also use the Slice in tandem with other portable AV players and computers.
Add the Cinemin Swivel Pico Projector accessory to the dock, and you can project images up to 1.5 metres in size, at a maximum distance of just over 3 metres. While the brightness isn’t outstanding at 16 Lumens, it still powerful enough to be handy, or show-off a little.
Buy the Cinemin Slice
The Cinemin Slice sells for US$429.99. It’s also available online, as are the accessories:
This video will run you over what the Cinemin Slice can do:
Cinemin Slice specifications
- 30-pin Apple connector compatible with iPod, iPod Touch, iPod Nano, iPhone, iPad and iPad 2 (docking trays included)
- Mini-HDMI (1.3) and AV ports for personal media players
- VGA port for PCs, laptops, and netbooks
- Image size of up to 1.5 metres (60″)
- Viewable range of 3.2 metres (125″)
- Brightness: 16 ANSI lumens
- WVGA (854 x480) resolution
- Aspect ratio: 16:9
- Contrast ratio: 1000:1
- 6 watt stereo speakers
- Headphone jack
- Infra-red remote control