Creative Labs has today announced the pending release of the ZiiO tablet computer, available in 7 inch and 10 inch sizes.
The ZiiO 10 inch is black in colour, and available in a choice of 8GB or 16GB models. The ZiiO 7 inch is white, and also available in 8GB or 16GB.
Creative ZiiO pricing
Both models are given Australian prices, but each size is only given the one price, even though there are two storage size options.
The Australian price listed for the 7 inch model is listed as $329.95, while the 10 inch is $359.95. On the Creative UK site there is a £20 pound difference, in both sizes, in the price for the 8GB and 16GB options. So either the Australian Creative site is incorrectly displaying the pricing, or it is only selling the one storage size in both screen sizes in Australia.
No release date is given for Australia, but the UK site names early December release date.
Creative ZiiO specifications
- Screen: 16.8 million (7″ version ) and 262K color (10″ version) display
- Processor: ZiiLABS ZMS-08 HD Media-Rich Applications Processor
- Android 2.1 operating system
- Bluetooth 2.1 EDR (with apt-X and A2DP)
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g capable
- X-Fi Audio enhancements (X-Fi Crystalizer, X-Fi Expand)
- Audio Supported: MP3, AAC, WMA9, FLAC, OGG, ADPCM, MIDI, WAV, Audible Format 4
- Video supported: H.264, MPEG4, WMV9, MJPEG, MOV, AVI, MKV
- HD Video-Out (HDMI-Out)
- Photo formats supported: JPG, BMP, PNG
- Front facing camera
- Built-in mic
- Built-in speaker (stereo)
- Playtime: Up to 25 hours (MP3), up to 5 hours (video)
- microSD (7″) / SD (10″) card slot (up to 32GB)
- Connectivity: mini USB, 3.5 mm stereo jack
- Dimensions: 207.4 x 133 x 13.7 mm (7″ version); 262 x 173 x 13.7 mm (10″ version)
- Weight: 400 grams (7″ version); 650 grams (10″ version)