The Husqvarna Panthera Leo concept ride-on mower sprang from the design team back in June last year. Still no reason we can’t take a little look at this beautiful looking machine that seems to take some styling cues from the Formula 1 paddock.
Firstly, let’s do the 21st Century think and take a look at its environmental cred. It’s made from recycled materials, uses and rather than a combustion engine it uses an electric motor – well, five electric motors – that you simply plug into a household power point. The motors are built to conform to the stringent requirements of the USA’s exhaust-emission criteria.
Also helping the Husqvarna Panthera Leo work efficiently is the information displayed on the mower’s LCD screen. Yes, the display tells you how fast the mower is going, remaining battery time, service needs and warns you when you go too near any obstructions in the yard. The machine’s sensors also pick up the characteristics of the grass you’re cutting, and can adjust the blade configuration to deliver you the best outcome.
“[The] Husqvarna Panthera Leo demonstrates our innovation capacity and ambition to develop high performing products with less environmental impact”, says Magnus Yngen, President and CEO of Husqvarna.
Yes, yes, innovation, high performance, less environmental impact. But really, I just want to hop on the thing and break backyard lap times.
Video demo of the Husqvarna Panthera Leo concept mower
Here’s a short film/animation made by Husqvarna, taking a closer look at the Husqvarna Panthera Leo concept mower. Learn a little more about what they were tryng to achieve with the design.
As a bonus, you also learn how to say ‘Husqvarna’.
- Equipped with zero-emission technology
- Produced from recycled materials
- Rechargeable Lithium-phosphate battery
- Plug-in product, charged at any electrical point
- Five brushless electrical engines, easy and clean to maintain
- Three separate cutters equipped with razor sharp blades
- Cutters individually suspended to glide smoothly over bumpy terrain and prevent lawn scalping
- Variable cutting width (85-120 cm)
- Zero-turn functionality
- Lifting cutting deck (90 degrees)
- Ergonomic steering wheel
- Easy-to-control dashboard
- Cutting time 2 hours, overnight charging
- Detailed LCD display monitor (featuring cutting height, width of cutting deck, speed, service information, steep hill warning, objects that are too close)
Subscribe to TechStyle’s RSS by email service
Keep up with TechStyle’s articles, news, reviews and more, by having it delivered direct to your email inbox. It’s quick and easy to subscribe, and you control your subscription.