JBL’s new Studio One series range of loudspeakers is now on sale in Australian stores, and is the first to show off the company’s new ‘Weave’ look.
“As you’d expect from a brand like JBL, with a history in building professional speakers for movie theatres, the Studio One Series offers unrivalled cinematic performance. It’s fantastic to take that stored engineering experience and unveil a series of speakers for your home with a sensational new look”, said Geoff Matthews, Managing Director at Convoy International, Australian distributors of JBL.
JBL Studio One series – description
- Studio 130 – a bookshelf, two-way speaker system, with 100mm (4-inch) low-frequency transducers and 25mm (1-inch) high-frequency transducers. Use as part of a multi-speaker set-up, or as a standalone.
- Studio 120c – The two-and-a-half-way dual centre channel features two magnetically shielded 100mm (4-inch) PolyPlas cones and a 25mm (1-inch) CMMD Lite dome, magnetically shielded, in a Bi-Radial constant directivity waveguide.
- Studio 180 – a three-way floorstanding speaker with proprietary Bi-Radial waveguides, one 165mm (6 ½-inch) PolyPlas cone, and identical mid and HF elements to the Studio 190
- Studio 190 – a three-and-a-half-way floorstanding loudspeaker featuring dual 165mm (6 ½-inch) – low frequency and 100mm (4 inch) midrange PolyPlas™ drivers, and CMMD Lite high frequency domes with proprietary Bi-Radial waveguides
- Studio 140P – a subwoofer, much like the bigger Studio 150P, though with a 200mm (8-inch) long-throw driver
- Studio 150P – a subwoofer, with a 250mm (10-inch), down-firing, long-throw transducer in a trapezoidal bass-reflex enclosure
JBL Studio One series – pricing
- Studio 130 – $499 pair
- Studio 120c – $399 each
- Studio 180 – $1,199 pair
- Studio 190 – $1,599 pair
- Studio 140P – $699
- Studio 150P – $999
Video demonstration of the JBL Studio One series loudspeaker range
| Convoy International | – Australian distributors of JBL products