I use a computer that has an illuminated keyboard built-in, it’s a feature that often comes in very handy, so I’m liking the sound of the Logitech Wireless Illuminated Keyboard K800.
The illumination is handled by proximity sensors, switching on and off as hands move near and away from the keyboards, plus adjusts the level of brightness to the ambient light of the room. This handling of the power consumption allows up to 10 days usage on a full charge.
Pricing and availability
The Logitech Wireless Illuminated Keyboard K800 will be in stores in early October, selling for for $179.95 RRP.
- Backlighting automatically adjusts based on the amount of light in the room using ambient light sensors
- Motion sensors detect hands as they approach to turn the backlighting, turning it back off when hands move away
- Manual lighting adjustments tailor the brightness based on your personal preference
- An on/off switch to conserve energy when finished typing for the day
- System requirements: Windows XP or Windows Vista or Windows 7, USB port, CD-ROM drive
- Warranty: 3-year limited hardware warranty
- Package contents: Logitech Illuminated Keyboard, Quick-start guide, CD with software and comfort guidelines
Subscribe to TechStyle’s RSS by email service
Keep up with TechStyle’s articles, news, reviews and more, by having it delivered direct to your email inbox. It’s quick and easy to subscribe, and you control your subscription.