Nikon has today announced the release of the Coolpix P7000 compact digital camera. A compact digital camera yes, but a serious one, easy-to-use, but with the specifications to please advanced photographers. Ten megapixels, 1/1.7-in. type CCD image sensor, 7.1x optical zoom, EXPEED C2 image processing engine, and it will shoot video in HD, with stereo sound. A handy new feature, a Zoom Memory, allowing you to toggle quickly between, for instance, a wide-angle setting and a pre-set zoom setting.
- Effective pixels: 10.1 million
- Image sensor: 1/1.7-in. type CCD; total pixels: approx. 10.39 million
- Lens: 7.1× optical zoom, NIKKOR lens; 6.0-42.6mm (angle of view equivalent to that of 28-200mm lens in 35mm  format)?f/2.8- 5.6, Digital zoom: Up to 4× (angle of view equivalent to that of approx. 800mm lens in 35mm  format)
- Focus range (from lens):?W?: Approx. 50 cm to ?;?T?- Approx. 80 cm to ?; Macro mode: Approx. 2cm to ? (wide-angle side of the triangle icon)
- Monitor: 7.5 cm (3-in.), approx. 921k-dot, TFT LCD monitor with antireflection coating and 5-level brightness adjustment
- Storage media: Internal memory (approx. 79 MB), SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card
- ISO sensitivity: ISO 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, Hi 1 (equivalent to 6400); Auto (auto gain from ISO 100 to 800), High ISO Sensitivity auto (ISO100 to 1600), Fixed range auto (ISO 100 to 200, 100 to 400); Low noise night mode (ISO 400 to 12800)
- Interface: Hi-Speed USB
- Power sources: 1x EN-EL14 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery (supplied), AC adapter EH-5a (used in combination with the Power Connector EP-5A – available separately)
- Battery life: Still pictures: Approx. 350 shots; Movies: Approx. 2 h 45 min (HD 720p (1280×720)
- Dimensions: Approx. 114.2 × 77 × 44.8 mm (WxHxD, excluding projections)
- Weight: Approx. 360 grams (with battery and SD memory card)
Nikon Coolpix P7000 price and availability
The Nikon Coolpix P7000 will be in stores next week, in black only, and will sell for $699 RRP.
Subscribe to TechStyle’s RSS by email service
Keep up with TechStyle’s articles, news, reviews and more, by having it delivered direct to your email inbox. It’s quick and easy to subscribe, and you control your subscription.