Fancy an iPod dock on a stick, a stick designed by the blessed hand of Philippe Starck? Then have a look at the Parrot Zikmu. They’ve been around for a little while now, but for CES 2011 Parrot have announced a new colourway – red.
Big time designer is Starck, who says things like this:
…what we designed is not a loudspeaker. What we designed was vibrating air.
Rest assured though, the vibrating air makers do also work quite well as loudspeakers.
The Zikmu speakers rise to a height of 750 mm, at the top of which is a dock to house an iPod or iPhone. With the Zikmus you’re not limited to using the dock, using Bluetooth you can wirelessly play audio from not only an iPod or iPhone, but also an iPad, or indeed any other Bluetooth-enabled device. Plus with inbuilt WiFi, you can play audio from music, game or video stored on a Mac or PC.
Parrot Zikmu price and red release date
The RRP of the Parrot Zikmu by Philippe Starck is $1,999.00. The red colour will be available in January 2011.
Parrot Zikmu specifications
- Wireless Hi-Fi stereo speakers
- iPod®/iPhone™ docking station
- Listen to Web Radio (via a dedicated iPhone/iPod touch application)
- RCA line-in input x 2 Pairs
- Wi-Fi & Bluetooth audio streaming
- Wi-Fi b/g with SES/WPS (Browsing & control)
- Total power output: 100W RMS
- Software update via Wi-Fi & Bluetooth
- Dimensions: Height – 750 mm high; Base – 320 x 290 mm; Top – 130 x 35 mm
- Weight: 3.5 kg