Yes, you read that title right, it’s an iPad dock and an iPod dock. Philips make a range of Fidelio iPod docks, but this model accommodates not only iPods and iPhones, but also the biggest member of the Apple iFamily, the iPad.
You can either place your devices in the Fidelio’s dock to play music, video or games soundtracks, or have the sound emanate from the Philips Fidelio via Bluetooth, from a distance of up to 10 metres away.
To add a little more to the package, Philips have produced a free app, allowing you to “to browse easily and play your music collection, control your speaker’s acoustic properties and check your docking speaker’s battery health from your iPhone/iPod Touch”.
Looking online, the Philips Fidelio DS8550/10 sells in the price range of $279 – $299.
Philips Fidelio DS8550/10 specifications
- Alarm: Multiple alarms, Sleep timer, Wake up to music, Wake up to nature sounds, Wake up to photos
- Sound settings: 5 band equalizer, DBB, DSC-Flat, Pop, Rock, Jazz, Classic
- Cradle playback mode: Charging iPhone, Charging iPod, Play and Pause, Next and Previous track
- Bluetooth profiles: A2DP, AVRCP>/li>
- Bluetooth range: Line of sight, 10 m or 30 ft
- Output power (RMS): 2 x 15 W
- Speaker drivers: 2 x 3″ full range woofers
- Dimensions: 139 x 158 x 421 (D x H x W)
iPad and iPod compatibiity
- iPhone compatibility: compatible with iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4
- iPod compatibility: compatible with: iPod, iPod mini, iPod with colour display, iPod nano 2nd Generation, iPod nano 3rd Generation, iPod classic, iPod touch, iPod nano 1st Generation, iPod nano 4th Generation, iPod nano 5th Generation, iPod touch 2nd Generation, iPod touch 2nd Gen 8/16/32 GB, iPod 5th Generation, iPod nano 6th Generation