The Pure Evoke series of digital radios were always pretty desirable, but the blending of the Evoke with the famous Marshall amplifier brand, in the Pure Evoke 1S Marshall, just ups the desire a little bit more.
The crowning touch, in an homage to the brilliant Spinal Tap mockumentary, is that the volume control goes up to ’11’.
In addition to being a DAB+ digital radio, it also picks up FM, and via the headphone jack at the rear, you can use the Pure Evoke 1S Marshall as an iPod / MP3 player speaker.
Accessories for the device include an in-unit rechargeable ChargePAK, and matching extra Marshall S-1 speaker for stereo sound (pictured left). If they really wanted to be rock ‘n’ roll, Pure could make fake stacks of additional speakers, a la Led Zeppelin, a trick pulled by Jerry Weintraub to embolden them with thoughts of ‘loudest rock band’ status.
Pure Evoke 1S Marshall price and availability
At the press launch of the Pure Sensia digital radio, back in October 2009, it was mentioned that the Pure Evoke 1S Marshall would be ‘coming soon’. So it’s been a long while coming.
The RRP of the Pure Evoke 1S Marshall is $269, and it should be in stores in late October.
Pure Evoke 1S Marshall digital radio specifications
- Radio: Digital (DAB, DAB+ and DMB-Radio) and FM
- Speaker: Full-range 3″ drive unit
- Audio power output: 7W RMS per channel
- Input connectors: 6V DC power adaptor socket (230V supplied). 3.5mm Line-in for auxiliary devices. USB (mini B-type) for product upgrades
- Output connectors: 3.5mm headphone, 3.5mm line out (analog), 3.5mm auxiliary speaker connection
- Controls: 5 dedicated one-touch presets, 1 combined preset, source, timer, menu, standby and info
- Presets: 30 digital radio and FM presets in a combined list
- Display: High contrast yellow-on-black graphical 128 x 22 auto-dimming OLED display
- Mains power supply: 230V AC to 6V DC external power adapter (supplied)
- Battery power: Rechargeable ChargePAK E1 (not supplied)
- Power consumption: In standby 0.9W (industry average 2.64W); in operation 2.48W (industry average 5.49W)
- Approvals: CE marked. Compliant with the EMC and Low Voltage Directives (2004/108/EC and 2006/95/EC). ETSI EN 300 401 compliant. Australian C-Tick N1600 & Electrical Safety
- Dimensions: 175 x 210 x 110 mm (H x W x D)
- Aerial: Captive telescopic aerial
- Warranty: Comprehensive two year warranty
Subscribe to TechStyle’s RSS by email service
Keep up with TechStyle’s articles, news, reviews and more, by having it delivered direct to your email inbox. It’s quick and easy to subscribe, and you control your subscription.