Pure makes some pretty nice table-top digital radios, and now with the new Pure Move 2500 it’s made a pocket-sized model.
The front of the Pure Move 2500 is made of aluminium, while the back is constructed of polished steel – all of which sounds reasonably sturdy. Control is via a rotary dial on the front, that has a very old-school iPod look about it. The Move 2500’s USB port allows you to upgrade the radio’s firmware, or charge the radio’s battery, either by computer, or by attachment to one of the Pure table-top digital radios.
Main features include:
- 20 presets (10 digital and 10 FM)
- In-ear noise-isolating headphones supplied
- Separate bass and treble control
- Rechargeable ChargePAK M1 battery for up to 14 hours portable listening. (Based on DAB listening. Other functions may vary.)
“With our own noise isolating earphones, rechargeable battery, contemporary styling and simple controls, Move 2500 takes handheld radio listening to the next level. Move 2500 is an ideal travel companion,” Says Graeme Redman, managing director of PURE Australasia Pty Ltd.
Pure Move 2500 – price
The Pure Move 2500 will be in stores in late September, and sell for $199 RRP. Or you could Pure Move 2500 Rechargeable Personal Digital DAB/FM Radio at Amazon UK.
Pure Move 2500 specifications
- Radio: DAB/DAB+/DMB-R (Band III and L-Band) and FM (RDS)
- Headphones: Noise-isolating, 16 Ohm, 10mm drivers (supplied)
- Input connectors: Micro USB for power supply and software upgrade
- Output connectors: 3.5mm stereo output for headphones
- Mains power supply: 100-240V, 50/60Hz 5V DC 800mA external power adapter (supplied)
- Battery power supply: ChargePAK M1 Li-ion 1000mAh (supplied)
- Approvals: CE marked. Compliant with the EMC and Low Voltage Directives (2004/108/EC and 2006/95/EC). ETSI EN 300 401 compliant. Australian C-Tick N1600 and Electrical Safety
- Dimensions: 102 x 56 x 15 mm
- Weight: 105 gram (including ChargePAK)
- Aerial: Supplied headphones also act as an aerial
So, there you have it. The Pure Move 2500 gets you digital radio on the run… or allows you to run to find digital radio reception.