Like the S3, the Toshiba Portege Z830 Series was shown at the IFA consumer electronics show in Berlin this week. And like the S3, the Toshiba Z830 isn’t available just yet, it will be in Australia “by the end of the year”.
The Portege Z830 Series is Toshiba’s first dip into the ultrabook segment of the computer market. It’s ultrabook status is due to it weighing only 1.12 kg, and being 15.9 mm thin. It will run on Intel’s 2nd Generation Intel Core processors, with DDR3 memory and 128GB solid state drive.
Other main features include:
- Toshiba’s new exclusive Hi-Speed Start Technology
- Full-size LED Backlit and spill-resistant keyboard
- USB Sleep & Charge – charge other devices, such as smartphone and portable AV player, via the computer’s USB while in sleep mode
- Stereo speakers with enhanced audio technology from Waves Audio
- Magnesium alloy construction, reinforced with a Honeycomb Rib design – strong, durable, light
So, in summary, the Toshiba Portege Z830 Series ultrabook computer is due later in the year, for an undisclosed as yet price, and it’s svelte.