As shown at CES 2011, the Bowers & Wilkins’ Zeppelin Air will go on sale in Australia in 3 weeks. While in the US the Zeppelin Air sells for $599, the Australian price will be $799 RRP.
The Zeppelin Air is more than simply an update of B&W’s Zeppelin, it has been rebuilt from the ground up. It is also the first product to build in Apple’s new AirPlay wireless music system. AirPlay allows you to wirelessly play music, games or video from your iPad, iPod Touch and iPhone, as well as Mac computer and PC.
For more information on the Zeppelin Air, including a video of the device in action, read Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Air – dock it, or go wireless.
Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Air price
As mentioned above the Australian RRP of the Zeppelin Air will be $799. The Zeppelin Air is also available to buy from the US Amazon store.
Zeppelin Air specifications
- Drive units: 2x 25mm (1.0 in) Nautilus™ tube aluminium tweeter; 2x 75mm (3.0 in) Midrange; 1x 125mm (5.0 in) Subwoofer
- Frequency response: 51Hz – 36kHz ±3dB on reference axis
- Frequency range -6dB at 36Hz and 42kHz
- Amplifier power output: 2x 25W (tweeter); 2x 25W (midrange); 1x 50W (subwoofer)
- Rated power consumption: 100W
- Standby power consumption: 0.8W
- Inputs: iPod / iPhone (30-pin connector); Network (RJ45 Ethernet or Wi-Fi), Auxiliary – analog / optical digital (3.5mm mini jack); Streaming, synchronization & firmware upgrades (USB 2.0)
- Outputs: Composite video (RCA Phono)
- Dimensions: 173 x 640 x 208 mm (H x W x D)
- Weight: 6.2 kg
- Colour: Gloss black enclosure with stainless steel trim, speaker grill covered by black cloth.