There’s a lot of silly things you can stick in your computer’s USB ports, and a lot of useful, sensible, smart things. At first glance the Veho VMS-001 – 200x USB Microscope might look like the former, but it has a range of uses that have a real touch of smart.
Veho’s suggestions are:
science education, laboratory research, computer parts examination, printing inspection, presentation tool, medical analysis, reading aid and collectables magnification
Or you could use it as a graphics tool, for cloesup pictures to use as textures. Or something else entirely, the world is your laboratory. Graphics studio. Lab. Etc. Etc.
Price and availability
Veho USB Microscope specifications
- CMOS lens 1.3 megapixel
- Controller: High Speed DSP
- Cradle: Removeable cradle arm to convert to handy pen type microscope
- Flicker rate: 50Mhz/60Mhz option
- Focus range: 10 mm to infinity
- Footprint: 112 x 33mm (ultra small footprint)
- Light source: Built in 4 LED light to brighten dark objects (Switchable on/off)
- Magnification: 20 – 200x (plus digital zoom in 640×480 view)
- Operating system: Windows 2000, XP, Vista 32 bit and 64bit , Mac OS X 10.5 and above.
- Power: USB Powered, no PSU needed
- Software: Capture software included. (Twain compatible)
- Software compatibility: TWAIN / VFW / Direct Show AP (Driver)
- USB Type: USB 1.1 & 2.0
- Video format: AVI (up to 1280 x 960)